Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Back to work...

Well, I started back to work yesterday. I've made it two full days so far. I wish I could say that I was glad to be back after all, but I'm not. Its nothing against my job at all. I love the people I work with, but I miss my baby so much when I'm gone. I hate leaving in the morning and going all day without spending time with her. I never thought I'd want to be a stay-at-home-mom before, but I would love to do that now. I love nursing and I would still want to do that part-time maybe, but I want to see Kinley sit up for the first time, laugh for the first time, start talking, and every other "first" that I'm afraid I'm going to miss when I'm at work. Its crazy how much a baby changes you. People constantly tell you how much your life is going to change with a baby, but not how much you are going to change. I never really even think about our life before. It feels like she's always been here and everything seems so routine with her. But I can see that I'm different now. I am perfectly content to sit at home all day and play with Kinley. I want to take pictures of everything. I'd rather shop in the baby department at Dillard's than the handbags (and if you know me, then you know I love handbags). Hopefully, it will get better.

2 comments:

  1. Haley~ I totally understand your desire to be home with your baby. I still miss Katelin so much everytime I am away from her. I am planning to return to work full-time (I've been part-time for the past year) very soon, and it has been such a hard decision. I will be thinking of you as you continue to adjust. People always remind me that me leaving Katelin with someone else is a lot harder on me, than it is on her. Thankfully, I guess that's true! :-)

    Kinley is precious!! I enjoyed seeing her "in person" at church last Sunday.

    Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart! I can't imagine how hard that is for you! I will be praying for you this week!

    ReplyDelete