Sunday, February 8, 2009

3 Months Old!!!

On, Thursday, Feb. 5th, Kinley Grace was 3 months old! I can't believe how time has flown by. She gets prettier every day and seems to change so much. I did take pictures, but I will have to post them later. She smiles so much now. We used to have to coax it out of her, but now you barely have to look at her and she grins big time! She is so sweet and loving. I can hardly contain myself when I get off work and I'm on my way to pick her up. I just can't wait to get my hands on her.

She is currently staying with a friend of our's and her little girl. This was truly an answered prayer for us. I was very nervous about putting her in daycare and then it worked out so perfectly for Lindsay to be able to stay home with Presley and keep Kinley, too. We don't know how long this situation will be able to last, but I praise God for every day that it does. It is great being able to call your friend and check on your baby and to get pictures of her through text messages throughout the day.

I work four 10-hour shifts a week and my day off is not always the same. I definitely look forward to my day off more than ever. This weekend I was blessed to have Friday and Monday off so I am in the middle of a 4-day weekend with my angel! The only problem with that is I will have to work four straight days before I get to next weekend with her.

I have to brag on her a little bit. She is such a good sleeper. We are truly blessed in that area. She usually goes to bed around 10:30 or 11:00 and sleeps until 9:00 or so the next day. She's even pretty good about taking naps. Not so much at Lindsay's because I think there's so much going on for her to be interested in. She is a good eater, although she is very impatient once she decides she is hungry. She is starting to reach at toys and grab them. Sometimes she even pulls them to her mouth. She would gladly "eat" her whole hand if I let her. I love getting her dressed up. I love having a girl!!! (Not that I wouldn't love a boy if that's what God blessed us with.) But I truly feel that Kinley herself was meant for me and Bryan to raise. She is the love of my life and I can't wait to see what God has planned for her.

On a different note...on Valentine's Day, Bryan and I will celebrate 7 years together (about 2 1/2 of that married)!!! Four years of that I spent a little over an hour away in Russellville while I was in college. I can hardly believe it. We have come a long way! I love him more every day, though. Seeing him with our daughter is an amazing feeling. He is a great daddy and I can already tell that she has him wrapped around her tiny finger! I love to catch pictures of them sleeping together in the recliner or on the couch. I have pictures like that of me and my daddy!

Well, I could probably go on and on about my baby and my hubby. But I've got to get ready for bed and for tomorrow. My dad is having knee surgery. Its nothing too serious, but any prayers would be appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on 7 years with Bryan... I think you guys should go out... somewhere in West Little Rock and let Coach and Gmom keep Kinley.

    Just a thought.

    Happy Valentine's day i about 39 minutes

    ReplyDelete