Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A little personality!

Since the last time I posted, I've noticed a few things about Kinley that I wanted to share with everyone...

1) She LOVES bathtime! I have a small heater that I plug in to warm the bathroom up and lay her in front of when she gets out of the water. I have a changing pad that I lay down in front of the heater and I lay her there while I finish getting everything ready. The other night, she rolled over onto her right side and was just snoozing in front of the heater (I have a picture but I will have to upload it later). When I lay her in the sling part of her little bath tub, she seems to automatically relax. She straightens her legs out in the water (which she keeps scrunched up to her alot of the time) and she opens her eyes (which is a rare thing right now, but occurring more and more). She will just lay there looking around and looking at me and she seems so content. Then I lay her back on the pad and wrap her in her towel. She will lay there in front of that little heater as long as I will let her and she continues to look at me with her big, beautiful eyes.

2) She loves warm things. She gets very cozy and sound asleep when wrapped in her blanket. She likes to lay on one of our chests. She refuses to drink her bottle if its not fairly warm (what you would expect to be warm enough for the typical baby is just not acceptable to her). She is perfectly content in her carseat inside her "bundle me" which is a very warm lining that zips up half way and makes like a little sleeping bag for her in the carseat.

3) She seems to have her days and nights mixed up or she just likes to spite me. She will sleep for an extended period from the middle of the day into early evening sometimes. But she loves to lay there looking at me and looking around after her 1:00 am or 4:00 am feedings. Then when people come to visit her, she lays there snoozing away so no one believes she ever opens her eyes. Trust me...she does. And when she's awake like that, she does not want to lay on my chest. She wants to sit where she can look around. But my dad reminded me this morning of that song "You're going to miss this". He was basically telling me I should enjoy those "wide awake in the middle of the night" sessions because they'll be gone before I know it and she'll be all grown up.

4) I think she has Bryan's temper! When she decides she is hungry, she is hungry right then. She cries and her face gets red. She will then either grab her face or rub her fists across her face (which I hate because then she scratches herself sometimes). She continues this little tantrum until a pacifier or bottle is put in her mouth. She's very smart, though, and that pacifier does not fool her for long. She'll go to town on it for a few minutes but when she realizes there's nothing coming out of it, she shoots it out!

Her little personality is definitely starting to show and I'm loving every minute of it...even when I can barely hold my eyes open at 4:00 in the morning. She is so sweet and loves to be with her mommy or daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment