Monday, November 24, 2008

Due Date

Today was Kinley's actual due date. Its hard to believe I could have been pregnant all this time. I wonder how much bigger she would have been if she had stayed in there. I took her to be weighed last Thursday and she had finally made it up past her birth weight and was at 5 lbs. 11 oz. Since she had made good progress with her weight, they said we didn't need to come back until her 1 month check-up unless there was a problem.

She is still having some episodes of projectile vomiting but its not everyday. She seems to be sleeping better at night, but I'm still getting used to sleeping in increments instead of all night long. She also seems to be awake more during the day and to be more aware when she is awake. She will sometimes follow Bryan's face with her eyes. She will lay there for up to an hour sometimes looking around and looking at us.

She had her first major "outings" last week. On Thursday, we went to be weighed at the pediatrician. Then we went to my work so everyone could meet her. Then we went by a friend's house to see her before she moves to Alabama (Bye Stephanie & Lilly...we'll miss you). Thursday night we met all of our church friends at Shorty Small's for LiLi's surprise birthday party. Everyone got to hold her a little bit and she even had her eyes open for awhile for them. Friday night, the 3 of us (Bryan, me & Kinley) went out to eat at Moe's. Then we went to the mall and Barnes & Noble. She was so good while we did all of these things. So far she is a really good baby! She always seems so content and really only gets fussy when she's hungry. I've noticed she seems to like music because she will lay awake in her pack'n'play if I turn the music on and she will calm down if I sing to her when she's fussy.

I would like to ask everyone who reads our blog to please pray for our friend, Angel Duncan, and her family. She had a baby last week on the 18th. Her husband found her this morning on the floor with the baby, who was crying. I was told she was having seizures and was now in the hospital. I do not want to start any rumors or give any false information. This is just what I've been told. Please pray that she will be OK and that she has no permanent damage or effects from whatever was happening to her and pray for her family as they wait to find answers right now. We go to church with this family and they have been waiting to have this new little girl for a long time. You are in our prayers, Angel!

No comments:

Post a Comment