Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas: Friends, Family, "Firsts"

Its taken me a few days, but I have finally uploaded our Christmas photos (and there was a lot of them). We had a great Christmas! We got to see a lot of our family, spend time with friends, and enjoy a bunch of Kinley's "Firsts". I made the mistake of taking Kinley to see Santa on Christmas Eve. I made a second mistake by not taking the stroller or carrier so I stood in line by myself holding her, a diaper bag, and my oversized purse for over 2 hours!!! But I just had to have a picture of her with Santa, so it was worth every minute and pain!!! My family from Pennsylvania/Missouri/Washington came in for Christmas and got to meet Kinley for the first time so that was really special. Kinley got a lot of great things from all of our family members. She got a bunch of toys, books, some clothes, and even some cash! She is a lucky little girl! She's only 7 1/2 weeks old and she has packed in a lot to her short little life. She's had her first Thanksgiving, her first Christmas, her first photo with Santa, her first visits with family from all over the country, trips to the mall and restaurants, gifts, visits, etc.

She went with us to our Sunday School Class Christmas party which was a lot of fun! We love our church family! She went with me to her first HEJ Party.

She's really starting to recognize Bryan and me, but especially Bryan's voice. She will hear him walk in the room and she starts looking in the direction of his voice with her big, bright eyes.

She also spent her first morning in the nursery at church during Sunday School.

Another big first actually just happened last night...she slept all night long!!! I put her in her bed about 10:00 last night and she slept straight through to 6:00 this morning. I was totally shocked. I expected to have to feed her around 1:00 or 2:00 but she just kept on sleeping. She got a sound machine from us for Christmas and I play the "womb" sound in her room at night. That seems to be comforting to her.

Thanks to all of our friends and family who helped make Kinley's first Christmas so great! We are so lucky to have all of you!

On Christmas Eve, Kinley was 7 weeks old and Bryan & I had been married for exactly 2 1/2 years.

I've loaded a lot of pictures into this post and I tried to put them in chronological order, but some of them are not:



This is the Rogers' Family with Kinley (minus Kevin and Presley). They are wonderful people who have always been there for us. They even watched Kinley for me when I had to go to the ER with kidney stones. We are so thankful to have them in our life.
Me with Amber and Lindsay at our Sunday School Christmas party

Kinley was 7 weeks old on Christmas Eve!


Here she is playing on the play mat that Dr. Rhodes got for us.


Her first day in the nursery with Isabella who was born 2 weeks after her. She is being held by Mrs. Raines and Izzy is with Mrs. Whitlock.

Her first time with Santa (on Christmas Eve)


Little Miss Bright Eyes on Christmas Eve at my grandparents' house

Kinley got to meet the Tracys for the first time
(Cousin Matt, Aunt Karen (my dad's sister), cousin Jennifer, and Uncle Joe)

The ladies of the family
(my mom, me, my aunt, my cousin, and my granny holding Kinley)
The gentlemen of the family
(my brother, my husband, my dad, my uncle, my papaw holding Kinley, and my cousin)

4 Generations of Hookers: my grandparents, my dad, me, and Kinley

Kinley on Christmas morning at our house with her presents


Kinley with my father-in-law on Christmas afternoon
Kinley and I with my sister-in-law and mother-in-law on Christmas Eve

Our Family on Christmas Eve at Bryan's grandparents' house
Kinley eyeing her daddy on Christmas morning

Opening some of Kinley's presents at my parents' house on Christmas night
This toy had a mirror and she was looking at it

Me and Kinley with my mom and my grandmother

I changed Kinley into something more comfortable after we finished with presents

Kinley with Uncle G

No comments:

Post a Comment