Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Time

Obviously, this is Kinley's first Christmas and my first Christmas as a mom. I am so thankful to be able to be off work during this wonderful season to enjoy my new baby. She is smiling more and more. Her smiles are so sweet and you can tell when she is really looking at you.

We had our Sunday School class Christmas party last Saturday and it was a lot of fun. Kinley got passed around to everyone. She slept through most of it, though.

Tonight was the annual HEJ Christmas Party. (I grew up spending a lot of time with two other families: the Johnsons and the Easterlys. My maiden name is Hooker. At some point, someone came up with the idea to call our group "HEJ".) I was so excited to take Kinley because some of our friends from these families hadn't met her yet. It was also exciting because Holly just got engaged last night! I grew up with her and her sister. They have always been like sisters to me. In fact, we often refer to each other as sisters! They will always be considered family to me. I am so happy for her and I can't wait for her wedding. Lauren is the other sister and her little boy, Will, is about 18 months. He was so sweet tonight. He came up to us as soon as we got there and he gave Kinley a few kisses on the nose. He can even say her name! Kinley will be running around and playing with him before we know it!

We're hoping to drive around and look at Christmas lights on Monday night. Our Christmas "festivities" will technically begin tomorrow, I guess, when we do Christmas with my brother-in-law. Then we go to both of our grandparents' houses on Christmas Eve. After we have our own Christmas at our house on Christmas day, we will go to my father-in-law's, and then to my parents' that night. We will be pretty busy this week, but I love Christmas time! I will hopefully have plenty of pictures from Kinley's first Christmas to share soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment