Wednesday, December 17, 2008

First Smile!!!

Kinley is 6 weeks old today!!! We had a rough couple of days (Sunday night thru Tuesday morning). I've heard that babies have some sort of growth spurt/weird phase right around their 6 week birthday and that they can be fussy and different than normal. Well, this must be true because Kinley was almost inconsolable! She would cry for no reason, which is abnormal for her. She had to be held but that didn't keep her from crying completely. She seemed very uncomfortable and fussy. But by yesterday afternoon, she was sleeping better and seemed to be back to her very content self! And last night when we were getting in bed, she started smiling at us when we talked to her for the first time!!! Babies smile as a reflex pretty much from birth. It is as cute as can be, but you know that they're not really interacting with you or smiling for any reason. But last night she was grinning like crazy as I talked to her. She was so happy and you could tell that she was really looking at me and smiling on purpose. When I reached for my cell phone to try to get a picture, she followed me with her eyes! It was amazing and made the previous 2 rough days all worth it!!! I've included the only picture I could get last night of her grinning. All of her previous smiles were much bigger and open-mouthed! Isn't she beautiful?!?!?!


1 comment:

  1. haley! she is adorable! her little face is TOO cute! I can't wait to see her again

    ReplyDelete