Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day off..."Mommy Tip: Bath Time"

Today was my day off. Kinley and I actually slept in till 9:15 this morning! I really love my days off with her. She is so sweet. I think I probably say that all the time, but she really is. I don't think I've ever been around a baby that was so content so much of the time. I wish I could have just played with her all day, but I did have a To-Do list to tackle and I actually got everything done on it but one. And the day is not over yet. She is taking her nap right now. Its a little late in the day but she was too busy playing earlier to go to sleep.

"Mommy Tip"
The tip for today has to do with bath time. The first time I ever gave Kinley a bath, I decided to plug in one of those little heaters in the bathroom and shut the door for a little while before we got started so it would warm up in there. Some people may have heaters already as a switch in their bathrooms, but we don't. Also, this seems to work better and faster. I have a little pad that I lay out in front of the heater. I put her towel on it and then lay her down. This has always calmed her down. She loves to lay down there in front of the warm air. Then when I get her out of the bath, I lay her back on the towel (on the pad) and she never has a chance to get really cold. Also, during bath time, I use 2 washcloths. I dunk them in the warm bath water and then lay one over her chest/tummy area and one over her head like a hood. This helps keep her warm. I use the one on her head to wash her head and then leave it there while I use the other one to wash her body. I always make sure that at least one of them is always on her to help keep her warm. This may just be my opinion, but I think a lot of babies don't enjoy bath time because they get cold. With these 2 ideas, maybe they would like it better. Or maybe its just Kinley that likes it, but it works for us. She loves baths!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment